Thursday, September 25, 2008

Up in the Night

Here are some things I worry about when I'm up in the night, which happens at least twice these days.

What if Sabrina's ears stick out?
What if she doesn't like me?
What if we spend thousands of dollars on cello lessons, and she decides to play bass in punk band? And wear all black?
What if she's not breathing right now?
What if she hates soccer?
What if she hates to READ?
What if we go on a fabulous family vacation to Japan and the whole time she is grumpy because she is a teenager and would rather be in Ogden with her boyfriend? Ew, boyfriend.

There are a lot more, but these are the most pressing right now. Moms, please let me know you all had fears like these! She just is so perfect now, but hey, I'm a middle school teacher. I know what she will become! (Not that I don't like my students. I do. I just give them back at 3:30. I don't have to make them clean their rooms or even do homework. I just get to bug them and talk to them about cool stuff like civil rights and WWII. What's so bad about that?)

When Sabrina went to the doctor, we found that she now weighs 9 lbs. 1 1/2 oz. Mom says she heard babies want to be 8 pounds, but once Sabrina hit 9 pounds she really slowed down the eating. I guess she's done with a growth spurt now. I'm a little disappointed, though, that some of her 0-3 month clothes don't fit. I think it's partly because she is long and skinny instead of chubby, so her pants fall off sometimes.

It occurs to me that I should have named my blog "All About Tiny." Maybe when she's a little older I won't be so obsessed. Maybe.

This is the same little pose that I have in an ultrasound. More proof that she is the same person that was once inside me!

No comments: