Saturday, September 13, 2008

To Sleep, Perchance to Dream

All the sleep books I have read have told me to put Sabrina in the sleep environment I want and leave her there until she goes to sleep (checking on her and comforting her periodically; I'm not a monster!). One book predicted 45 minutes of crying the first night, an hour the second, and 20 minutes the third. Last night, at 45 minutes on the dot, I went downstairs to a screaming Sabrina, touched her little face, and turned off the crying. Astounding. Can I dream that she will learn to put herself to sleep? Of course, I'll probably have to do it all over again if I a) screw up today, or b) ever want her to sleep in her crib.

The other way to put her to sleep, of course, is to use the magical invention known as "the swing." Emily provided me with Grant's old swing and I don't know how I got through the first 5 1/2 weeks of Sabrina's life without it. Check out her enthralled little face. Truly a gift of the gods. The swing, I mean. Well, I guess Sabrina too.


















So...tired...

And, cut.

No comments: