Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Swimming

Over the past weekend, I took Sabrina swimming twice at FFC (Froerer Family Compound). This was her first time! At first she was scared, but it's so cute when babies are scared! They hug their mommies so tight!

I tried to make Sabrina splash and kick in the water, especially on Memorial Day, her second swimming experience. Unfortunately, she had learned a new wookie sound, sort of a guuuhhh! guuuhhh! that she made nonstop, especially when I tried to hold her body away from mine so she could get used to the water.

The EXCITING part, though, is that I said in the high-pitched mommy voice, "Sabrina, can you make a splash?" She regarded me imperiously for a moment, then leaned over to the water and beat her tiny hand in the water. She understands English!

No comments: