Saturday, May 16, 2009

And the award goes to...

Envelope please! That's right, we're waiting for the BEST DAUGHTER AWARD, as based on this past Mother's Day! And the award goes to...

CHERI BUYS!

"Oh, thank you! Thank you! I'm just so overwhelmed, possibly because of the 4 hours of sleep I averaged over Mother's Day weekend! I'd like to thank my brothers, who spent a few hours scraping wallpaper off my mom's walls. Thanks to my dad, who kept my mom out of the way for the weekend.

"Ooh, can you hold my gold statuette for me? My arm has seized up from the wallpaper scraping and painting. Thanks. Thank you, sister and brother-in-law, for helping out so much on the project. A very special appreciation to my fabulous husband, who was so supportive and did so much work."

Seriously, though. How on earth is Cheri going to top this one next year? (Just kidding, Cheri. You DON'T HAVE TO TOP IT.) She completely remodeled her mother's living room. She (and brothers and sister) repaired holes, spackled, sanded, painted, put up molding, and cleaned carpets. She painted the living room taupe, she tells me. What is taupe, anyway?

Well, congratulations on your award, Cheri. You've set a new standard, to which we can all but aspire.

1 comment:

Cheri said...

Thank You! Thank You! Wow! What an honor and a privilege it is to accept this award. I couldn't have done it without your scrapers, spackle, and of course, for babysitting my little guy! Thanks again for the recognition! I love you, Molly!