Thursday, April 30, 2009

Disneyland, Episode 4: Beaches

The last day of our Disneyland trip, we stopped by the beach for an hour on the way back to the airport. Sabrina did not like the sand. She did not like the waves.
She did not like the shells, at least after I told her she could not eat them. All in all, a big hit!
Fortunately, Spencer loved the ocean, even though it was relatively cold. But next time we bring boogie boards in August!

Because Redondo Beach, L.A-A (are you singing the song, children of the 60s?) doesn't have great parking for the millions of people who want to play there, Zane dropped me off with the two kids and went to park the car. Because I'm smart like that, I left my phone in the car. Zane did not show up. And did not show up. So, of course I'm panicking, because it's not like we have a lot of time, and where is he, and what happens if he does not show up (this is the part of my brain that saw Sabrina drowning in the log ride at Magic Mountain). So, I decide, I must call him on a borrowed phone. Item: the family close to me includes a scarily-tattooed 20-something man. Well, you KNOW not to judge a book by its cover, and as a middle school teacher it takes more than tattoos to scare me, so I walked up to him and his girlfriend and asked in that "I know I'm a stranger but aren't we all members of the human family" way if I could use their cell phone. Before I can even finish the question, the scarily-tattooed man jumped up and handed me his phone. Aw. We ARE all members of the same human family.

1 comment:

Mari said...

So! Molly I just found you (Thanks for the faith in me!!! lol) You have such a fun way of telling the story! Thanks for being a great co-mom! :)
Mari