Tuesday, January 7, 2014

New News That's Really Old

At church on Sunday, I heard a storyline I didn't really like. There is a woman in the ward who had breast cancer nine years ago. She was young when she was diagnosed (although not as young as me!). She had a lumpectomy, chemo, radiation. Well, yesterday she went in for a double mastectomy because she has cancer AGAIN.

This is not what I want to hear. I went to talk to her and tell her I was sorry, but of course I'm crying and she's comforting me. Telling ME that I give HER inspiration with my "strength." As I'm crying. I sure don't feel strong. I want her cancer to be an ever-diminishing memory. That storyline gives me comfort and hope. This one? Not so much. I don't like it at all.

So, Oh Powerful Ones, let's pray tonight for my ward member, that she may recover from surgery and be permanently cancer free. I know your prayers work, because I've felt them. Thank you.

P.S. I doesn't look like I'm going to be a track coach after all. I'm surprised at how disappointed I am. Maybe next year!

No comments: