Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Weather

What is with this rain?! It's like...Saskatchewan! It's probably not over 22 degrees! Celsius, I mean. Sorry, a little Canadian slipped in there. Seriously, though, I want to run through the summer fields! Dip my toes into the stream! Weed, mow the lawn, pull out thorn bushes...ah, the joys of being a home owner.

So, it's day 3 of being a SAHM. It's actually awesome having Spencer here, because we can do a few more things than Sabrina and I can. Every day he does math and reading, and an indoor and outdoor chore. Unless it's cold, miserable, and rainy. Okay, so he hasn't done any outdoor chores yet. Still, he really seems to like the routine of it all.

Jamie gave me a great idea to do with Spencer, too. Y'know how kids learn to count by 2s, 5s, and 10s? Her first graders also learns 3s, 4s, 5s, well you get the idea. Then, they are easily able to do multiplication. Genius! Spencer can now count by 3s to 36.

Sabrina can not yet count at all, much less by 3s to 36, but she can: 1) say KA for kitty 2) Say oof for woof 3) say ak ak for quack quack and 4) sit down in her high chair when we say "No! Sit doooown Sa-brina!" Then she stands back up again. Don't tell me to strap her in, houdini-baby just slides back out of the straps.

1 comment:

Spencer Froerer said...

I am soooo jealous! Tell Spence I miss him!
:D Enjoy!