Thursday, February 5, 2009

My baby

I was holding Sabrina this morning, and thinking how much I love my baby. Then I thought about how she is my baby now, but in a few years she won't be mine--she'll be her own. I mean, I'm still my parents' daughter, but I'm my own self. It made me sad, and also happy. Maybe it's the virus that's invading my system.

Sabrina has leared some new tricks lately. She pulls herself up using my hands and takes steps, plays a toy piano, and holds up her arms when she wants me to pick her up. That is, beyond doubt, the cutest thing I have ever seen in my 31 years, even cuter than puppies and on par with newborn polar bears. Motherhood. Amazing.

1 comment:

princessipal said...

Oh, Molly. I love you. Baby polar bears and tiny on par with each other; but I get it.