Saturday, May 28, 2011

Backyardigans

It's been a crazy week in our backyard! First, we had a backhoe clear out a new terrace for the playhouse and trampoline. Then, I moved some of the lovely, lovely topsoil from the mountain where it was dumped to my garden. Today, Zane Sr. rented a trencher and my Zane started a sprinkler system while I moved more dirt and planted my tomatoes. We were outside all day.

When we got the tramp up, Spencer got right on and began jumping. Sabrina watched closely until we suggested she get on. Then she ran for the house. I think she's had too many experiences of trampolines with older cousins. Anyway, we convinced her to get on and hold Zane's hand as she walked around. Then, she started toward Spencer, got scared, and ran back to Zane, sort of like a cat who gets scared halfway across the road. But soon she was even jumping by herself. So brave. Anyway, we hope to have a functioning yard by the end of the summer. Yay!

No comments: