Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Phew! I made it!

You know those days, where the vacuum not picking up pine needles or missing a cup to put into the dishwasher and not noticing until the dishwasher is on "rinse" will send you into a storm of weeping? I just finished about two weeks of such fragility, although, let it be noted, I only broke forth into the aforesaid weeping storm ONCE. I really think I need to simplify, simplify, simplify my Christmas season!

Now that it's over, I can look back on it with a mug of mint hot chocolate and reflect. Here are some of my favorites.

*The nativity scene that Karen orchestrated. As a baby, Sabrina was not a shepherd or wise man or even a sheep. Sheep stay put. No, Sabrina was the stable cat, who went where she pleased and spent most of the "and it came to pass in these days" in Joseph's (Spencer's) lap. Just like a cat.

*Finding last-minute presents with Mom. Everyone goes shopping for presents on Christmas Eve afternoon, right?

*Finding presents "Santa" hid on Christmas morning. I really, really could not figure out the clue "What's the number?" Two people (Emily and Mom? I don't remember) immediately said, "Oh, the phone book." It was early, all right?

*Eating Dad's Honeybaked Ham for lunch at 2 pm on Christmas Day because we hadn't gotten lunch due to the vagaries of the custody situation.

*Listening to The Christ Child, the best Christmas book in the world, on Christmas Eve.

I hope your Christmas was full of joy, happiness, and the eggnog of your choice. Merry Christmas!

No comments: