Friday, July 24, 2009

Service to Community

Today, the 24th of July, I got up at 6 am to go charge people for parking at Zane's office. I made $57, not bad. I also got yelled at once by a guy who works for Qwest, telling me I have no patriotism and parking should be a community service, and with the economy...I thanked him for being a nice, kind neighbor, and he left in a huff. He apologized later, but I feel I must justify myself.

Okay, here goes. Who payed $3 to park? Old people, handicapped people, and mothers of small children. (Oh, and people who work at the office and our family. Perks!) If we were not charging for parking, most of these people would have had to park blocks away, and perfectly able people (like Mr. I can be rude because you're an easily intimidated girl) would park in the close spots. Duh, we don't park far away because an old person might get the parking space we could have had!

I wish I would have said to Mr. Icbrbyaeig "What's more American than capitalism, prick?" But I didn't. However, I'm saying it to YOU, which is almost as good.

No comments: