Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Getting stuff done

I reread (most of) Evening Class, by Maeve Binchy yesterday and today. One of the mothers spends her..shoot! Sabrina just went out the dog door. Hold on. Okay, I'm back. As I was saying, one of the mothers in the book spends her days "getting things done," which actually means she plays slot machines all day long. Now, I don't play slot machines, such activity being a) unsanctioned by the church; b) illegal in Utah; and c) not really interesting to me, but I do feel like I spend my days "getting things done," which means sometimes doing nothing useful at all. I know that's not true, but putting away laundry and sweeping the kitchen floor is not giving me a big sense of accomplishment. I need to get back to work on my quiet book! (Did I mention my quiet book I'm making for Sabrina? It will be SO CUTE! When I get it done.)

One thing that does make me feel happy is that I got new curtains for my kitchen today. I threw away the disgusting curtains from before. They were disgusting. Also, they clashed with the new green of my kitchen. I swear, I'll post pictures soon!

No comments: