Monday, November 10, 2008

Vote! For Pedro!

Sabrina and I went voting last Tuesday. It was, actually, really touching. It's really amazing that we're having a regime change without violence or any expectation, even from the most virulently disappointed, that the change will be other than peaceful. What an amazing country this is.


I'm really excited about Obama. I was a little uncertain about who I wanted to win, but I hope Obama does a good job, despite the crashing economy, war, general disillusionment with congress...Who would WANT to be President?

Also in this election, of course, was the famed Proposition 8 on gay marriage in California. I have to say, I am really glad that I didn't have to make a decision about how to vote in this matter. I do, however, know three things.
1) The people of California had already voted to define marriage as one man and one woman, and chose to do so again.
2) The California Supreme Court justices decided that they wanted to be the legislative branch of the government and make laws. Maybe they're sad they've never been elected.
3) The GLT alliance wants OTHER people to be tolerant. They don't want to be tolerant of people with a different point of view. I mean really, graffiti on the LA temple? Lame.

One thing I know more than anything else: I am SO GLAD THIS ELECTION SEASON IS OVER! HALLELUIA!

No comments: