Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Parting: sweet sorrow?

Yesterday was my first day back at work. Sabrina was still fighting the bottle, which was the ONLY reason I was teary Sunday night. I took Sabrina to Kelli, Cheri's sister, and tore myself away. I didn't cry or panic, but the amount of adrenaline in my system meant I was driving about 80 the entire way to Salt Lake. Thank goodness the cops were busy catching criminals.

School was actually really fun. When I went in to visit the school a few weeks ago, everyone was happy and excited to see me. Except my students. They were scared. Poor dears, they were nervous about getting a new teacher halfway through the first term. My students are still terrified of me, which is unusual. Usually by this time of the year they know I'm joking when I threaten to dismember them. I guess there are advantages starting teaching in October. It's hard, though, to get a class that is used to different rules and a different style. Not only do I have to train them in my style, I have to untrain them first.

When I got back to Sabrina (you thought I was too busy talking about myself to get back to my babe, didn't you?), Kelli was smiling. What is better than your babysitter smiling? Sabrina had taken 3 ounces and slept for about 2 hours. Good. Today, she took 8 ounces and slept 3 hours. Awesome! She's learning the bottle and is happy even when I'm not around. Curse it. In all seriousness, though, everything is going great!

Here's a picture of Sabrina with Olivia, Jamie's daughter. She obviously knows what to do with babies! And check out the outfit of Sabrina's. Dad brought her the shirt from the US Open.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Molly:

Glad everything is going well. See you next week.