Monday, August 29, 2011

Daddy?

At church yesterday, I was substituting as Singing Lady (this is the official title of the calling, even if a man holds it. Children's Chorister my !@%$). Therefore, Sasha went to Priesthood with Daddy. Ergo, Daddy had to take Sasha home after Priesthood. Was Sasha really being inconsolable? Maybe. He did fall asleep on the 4-minute drive home.

So, Daddy was not in Sacrament Meeting. However, a bald man with glasses facing away from us WAS. Sabrina called out "DaddyDaddyDaddy!" and ran to him, putting her head on his lap. It was not Daddy. She did not realize it for a few moments, then looked up. Then she was as eager for Mommy as she previously had been for Daddy. Bwaaaahahaha! Sorry, baby.

I did the same thing when I was about her age. My own Daddy took me to his school, West High, and was standing around talking to his basketball players. Let me tell you, when you are only three feet high, all denim-clad legs look the same. It wasn't my fault that the leg I grabbed was some sophomore jock. Anyway, Sabrina, I totally relate!

No comments: