Monday, June 6, 2011

Crying and other news

Will the crying never end? The whining, the sobbing, the hitting in a tantrum...Dealing with 7th and 8th graders looks better all the time! Sabrina is crying because she is 2 and sleep deprived, Sasha is crying because he just woke up and was hungry, and I wanted to cry because it just wouldn't stop. Judicious feeding and timeouts, however, have held crying in abeyance for now. If it comes back, we'll need another timeout. For me. One minute for every year of my age. 33 minutes in the bathroom by myself, baby! Timeouts are such a good strategy.

In other news, Spencer tried out for and made a state-level soccer team, Rampage. In other words, $500 plus $30 a month plus tournaments. That's the bad news. The good news is that this means Spencer will great coaching (we assume) that is not his father, or ANY father on the team, and will really progress as a soccer player. I think this will be really good for him.

Sasha just finished off Sabrina's cheese sandwich. Wheat + dairy, plus an egg in the bread. Sigh. 13-year-olds can eat anything AND feed themselves with a minimum of mess, at least that I have to clean up. Of course, they're not nearly as cute as my boy.

No comments: