Monday, August 27, 2012

All About Sabrina

There are just some kids who just shouldn't play soccer. You know who they are, they're the flower pickers, the kids who are so busy with dandelions that they forget there's a ball on the field. Zane and I call them the "flower pickers." Yes, that is a creative name. Anyway, Zane and Sabrina were practicing soccer in the backyard a couple days ago, and as she was running to the ball, she pointed to the ground and said matter-of-factly, "I need to pick that flower." I was laughing so hard I was crying.

Sabrina started preschool today. I have no idea how it went. She happily went right in and downstairs with the other kids before I could even say goodbye. When I got there to pick her up, she just about cried (We don't need to cry, Sabrina) because I was 10 minutes early and they were playing I Spy. I could wait, I told her, and the tears went away. At the same time, she refused to put on her seatbelt, fought with Sasha the second we got home, and threw a tantrum when I pulled her out of her room so Sasha could take a nap. So, she has fun but is also stressed with the change to being a big girl? I think so. She also woke up in the night, which I attribute to the same thing.

Next week Sabrina also starts preschool tumbling. She already likes to pose in the front room (Mom! Look at me!), and I made her a ribbon stick like in the rhythmic gymnastics in the Olympics, and she's getting really good (Mom! Watch my dance!) at swirling it around without stepping on it. Basically, she's getting to be her own little person, and it's scaring us both!

No comments: