Friday, April 6, 2012

Ew.

When the workers came yesterday, Zane took them downstairs for the orientation. I followed just a few seconds behind, them, and lo and behold, there was a DEAD MOUSE in the middle of the floor! I'm not sure if anyone mentioned it, or if they missed it completely, but there it was.

Naturally being a strong and independent woman, I yelled "Eek! A mouse!" Just kidding. What I did was quietly go upstairs, get some paper towels, pick up the mouse, and take it to the garbage can. Hoping that the workers would not be too grossed out, because that's just what you want to see, right?

I kind of hate to admit this, but I was relieved to see that dead mouse. Because until it was found dead in my basement, it was seen and heard ALIVE (alive mouse < dead mouse) in my kitchen. My KITCHEN. Really, what's the point of having a hunter cat and a dog bred to kill rodents if they don't actually kill rodents? None, that's what.

No comments: