Monday, January 23, 2012

Snow? Really?

Considering how far I have to drive on one-half of the working days of this school year, I have not mourned the comparative absence of snow this year. I know, I know, it's not just about me. Farmers, ranchers, and Lake Powell enthusiasts, to say nothing of skiiers, are grouchy about no snow. But, being pregnant and not a farmer, I don't really care. I care that the roads have been dry and ice-free. So it should come as no surprise that this current rash of storms is a bummer for me.

I blame the Indians.

Let me explain. This is not a racist statement. Park City had a bunch of Utes (I think) do a snow dance. Well, it worked, darn it. And now I have to face a commute of wet roads and possible icy conditions. Thanks a lot, snow gods. Next time, consider the commuters and not just the people who make a living on having enough water, okay?

No comments: