Saturday, January 21, 2012

Being A Mama

Yesterday I was writing my tribute to Rob, and crying, of course. It's just so tragic. Anyway, Sabrina asked me why I was crying, and I told her, and she said "I take care of you." So sweet. So I went to the bathroom to wash my face, and there, in all its glory, was a sticker on my forehead. It just seemed so incongruous, you know? Crying over a friend (tragic) while a sticker is on my forehead (comic). Only a mama.

I know it's kind of trivial after more talk about Rob, but Sabrina's potty training is going so well! She almost never has any kind of accident. If you're not in the Freudian anal stage with someone in your family, you may want to skip the rest of this post. Anyway, I promised Sabrina a special treat if she went poop in the potty. Do you know her special treat of choice for being such a big girl? A bottle. That's right, for being a big girl she gets to regress. I don't care. It's SO worth it.

The new baby, christened Jemonis by Sabrina, is doing great. I had my big ultrasound, and the tech said he looks perfect. And man, that kid is definitely a boy! No question at all. So he and Sasha will be 20 months apart, but only a year apart in school. There are good and bad things about that, I guess.

I'm loving little Sasha lately. He's been less fussy and tantrum-y, and so loving! He loves to share, which is so sweet, even though I don't really want a bite of his slobbery cookie or drink of his bottle. So cute.

I need to go, because Sabrina is insisting I watch her tricks, and I'm worried she going to jump right on top of me and my computer. And even though she's only 23 pounds, she can do a lot of damage!

No comments: