Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Cop out

It's been awhile since I posted, so I'm doing the cop out blog post and catching everyone up instead of being witty and clever. Here goes.

We just got back from a week at Lake Powell. Karen and her family were there as a last hurrah before Austin starts year 2 of med school. It was great to be with them, and everyone else. Sabrina was generally great, and so was Spencer. Sasha tended to wake up two or three times a night, and since you can't let a baby cry when 32 other people are sleeping on the same houseboat deck with you, to say nothing of the 30 or so other people on the other houseboat nearby, so I just nursed him back to sleep. Hopefully I won't pay the price for this very long, but he hasn't slept through the night since.

When I got home, I found I had made a radish. A radish! Too bad I don't like them, but I did it! I mean, I planted, Apollo watered, and God gave the increase. So to speak. Well, while I was gone I guess God watered too, because I couldn't get anyone to water for me, but it rained three or so of the seven days I was gone. It looks like I'm also making tomatoes successfully, as well as onions. The carrots, potatoes, squash, and pumpkins are still just leaves, but maybe I'll make those as well. It's looking good.

No comments: