Thursday, November 4, 2010

Co-Sleepers are Wrong

Now, I generally try to avoid making value judgments about stuff that doesn't affect me or others too much, like co-sleeping, but I'd just like to say, for the record, that co-sleeping advocates are wrong.

This morning, Zane woke up at 6:30 to go to the gym. He could not find his coat. In order to not leave you in suspense, he had left it in the car. ANYWAY, he turned on 90% of the house lights and spoke in a daytime (as opposed to middle of the night, which 6:30 IS) voice. So, both kids woke up.

Once Zane found his coat and left, I was in my bed with two kids. Sasha grunted and whimpered for a while, then went back to sleep. Of course, I could not move much, because he might wake up or I might roll over him and suffocate him, not that I'm paranoid. Sabrina, however, did not go back to sleep. She talked to herself, sang, insisted on lying on top of me, and various parts of her anatomy bumped into my fullish bladder and c-section scar. I didn't last long.

See? Co-sleepers = wrong.

No comments: