Friday, January 8, 2010

Cleaning and the mess it makes

Every day I assign myself a job to do, thus to get cleaning done. Fridays is deep clean, because unlike my mother, mother-in-law, and at least one sister-in-law, cleaning to me is getting rid of readily noticeable dirt and clutter. I can clean the house in three hours, my mom can take three hours on a light fixture. ANYWAY, today I tackled the top of the refrigerator, which has not been cleaned since I moved into this house 2 1/2 years ago.

So, first I removed everything from the top of the fridge. Nine phone books, not counting the SLArts directory. A church program from 2006. Zane's old singles ward photo directory. Yoda soap. That's right, soap with a plastic Yoda in it. Papers. And below it all, the most DISGUSTING, NASTY, PERSISTENT DIRT you have ever seen! I used straight dish soap, elbow grease, and 30 minutes to get that greasy dirt gone, or at least most of it.

Meanwhile, on the floor, Sabrina took papers, dog food, and the dog's water to create her own splendid mess. So, that needed cleaning, then she needed to have her clothes changed. But my refrigerator top is clean. I'm sure the delight will set in shortly.

No comments: