Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Kindergarten Program

Sabrina's kindergarten program was today, held at the extremely convenient time of 10:00. I mean, everyone is a stay-at-home mom, right? Fortunately, the program was a) during my prep and b) very short, so I could go without too much pain. Hooray!

Basically, the program went like this. Sing a song about September. Sing a song about October, then a couple of Halloween songs. Then a song about November (Sabrina held the sign that said -- you guessed it -- November). Etc. It was adorable and fantastic and sweet, assuming (I'm sure) you had a precious child on the stage. As I did, it was SO DANG CUTE!

Sabrina's rather difficult hair combined with my impatience with doing stuff like hair meant she had a very cute hairdo as long as she did not move, touch her hair, or do any other kindergartener-type stuff. So her side ponytail with another elastic holding the far side in became very uneven pigtails. Oh well. She knew the words to all the songs except the second verse of the Star Spangled Banner, and let's be honest: no one knows any verse other than the first. In fact, if you want to find a spy, you ask them to sing the second and third verses of the national anthem. If they know it, they're a spy.

In other news, I've lost my voice again. Not a great situation for a teacher. I hope it reappears tonight, or I'll be in trouble tomorrow. I'd rather be recovering from surgery!

No comments: