Sunday, March 11, 2012

Ole, ole ole ole

Zane and I watched the first game of the Real Salt Lake season last night. It was against the defending champions, LA Galaxy, in LA, where they have not lost since 2010. I have to say, I never think we can beat LA. They have so much talent, and so many superstars. Also, I hate all teams from LA. I don't mean to, and I really like Landon Donovan, but I can't help it.

So, I was sad but not surprised when LA scored an amazing goal in the second half. Okay, it's done, I thought.

Not so.

LA scored an own-goal off an "assist" from a rookie, Velasquez. Woo hoo! A tie! I'm happy. Then, Morales scored a ping-pong goal that was bouncing around before he buried it in the back of the net. Then, just to prove that RSL is the most awesome team, Espindola, who I kind of love, scored all by himself. LA made a noble run at the end, but were DENIED. Ha ha LA! 3-1 for RSL! Neener neener!

Zane and I were kind of freaking out.

It's fun to note that last night, the game was broadcast to 70 countries. Including Djibouti. Do you even know where Djibouti is? I have a vague idea of eastern Africa. (checks map) Yup, I rock. Right across the Persian Gulf from Yemen. The POINT is, we beat LA in front of 70 countries, the MLS commissioner, and a hostile crowd of entitled Galaxy fans. Ha! Money may buy Beckham, but we still won!

Phew. Bring on the rest of the season!

No comments: