Friday, January 7, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

It's been awhile. I really didn't know having two kids could make me such a lazy bum! Also, I think I cracked a rib at indoor soccer on Tuesday, but that's just a recent reason to lie on the couch and read my new Kindle. Which is awesome. Am I stream-of-consciousnessing?

So, here's my new year's resolution: to create the House of God described in the D&C. I'm taking one part of the scripture each month and focusing on that. This month I'm working on creating a house of order. So, here are my weekly goals. 1. Clean out the garage (at least to the point Zane can park in it). Percent complete: 75. 2. Clean out car and keep it clean. Percent complete: 75. 3. Clean up downstairs. Percent complete: 25 (although I may need to buy more shelves to really get this goal done). 4. Sell nice but surplus stuff on KSL. Percent complete: 0.

I also have monthly goals to improve the house. This month is to buy caulk and seal the space between the tub and bathroom floor. Because not having it done means rain in the basement if any gets sloshed over the side of the tub. Did I mention I have a 2-year-old? So yeah, such things are disturbingly common.

There you have it! I will practically have a temple by the end of the year, I'm sure.

No comments: