Friday, December 5, 2008

Twilight II

I just realized that I never gave you my take on Twilight after seeing it twice in one day. I must rectify immediately.

I have to say, I liked the movie much more than I thought I would. There was a little too much (intensely), but overall, the movie felt true to the book. My favorite line, though, was not from the book. The vamps were cooking lunch for Bella, and Rosalie (mean, bitter vampire) says, "We don't even know if she LIKES Italian food." Emmett (big, tough vampire) says, "Her name is Isabella, Rosalie." In rereading that last sentence, I realize that you must hear Emmett saying it like "duh Rosalie. She has AN ITALIAN NAME, so OF COURSE SHE LIKES ITALIAN FOOD." Is it funnier now?

So, in final analysis, except for about 20 minutes from whence they took 90% of the previews, the movie was a fun chick flick that I will gladly see again (and again). That 20 minutes of cheesy cheesiness will be partly enjoyed, partly endured, and ensure that I will never make Zane watch it.

Just as a quick aside: in taking a break to change The Babe into her pjs, I was tickling her, and she laughed for the first time! I was kissing her tiny belly, and she laughed! And then grabbed my hair and pulled it out by the roots. And that was the end of THAT perfect moment.

No comments: